Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
really good sweet cornbread for those who are health-minded or at least trying to be! a little drier than if butter was used but tastes great!
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄8 cup honey
- 1⁄8 cup Sugar Twin or 1⁄8 cup another non-caloric sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons egg whites, beaten til frothy
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- Mix all ingredients, being careful not to overmix
- Pour into loaf pan or square pan and bake in preheated oven at 400 degrees for 20 minutes (my oven is quite hot).