Prep 25 mins
Cook 3 mins
Low Fat Cool Cauliflower Salad
- 1 large head cauliflower, trimmed and chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4 scallions, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 2 cups basmati rice, cooked
- 1⁄2 cup bottled vinaigrette dressing
- Place cauliflower in a steamer basket over boiling water.
- Cover pan and steam about 3 minutes, until almost tender.
- Chill .
- Combine onion, bell pepper, scallions, chives, and cooked basmati rice in a bowl.
- Add chilled cauliflower.
- Drizzle with dressing and serve chilled.
I did cut this recipe in half, & with the large head of cauliflower I had, the 2 of us still had 2 good servings each, & with a bit left over! We do love this veggie & you have a great, tasty way of fixing it! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Bargain Basement recipe tag]