Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 226.79 g low fat cottage cheese
- 44.37 ml non-fat powdered milk
- 4.92 ml coconut extract
- 14.79 ml sugar (optional)
- Combine and in a blender. Puree for 5 minutes or until smooth.
- Most of the time Coconut Cream is sweet so you can add the sugar if you want.
- The above recipe is for Coconut Cream to make Coconut Milk Substitute: For 1 cup, use 3 tablespoons "low-fat coconut cream substitute" plus hot water or warm low-fat milk to equal 1 cup.
I'm really not familiar with coconut cream so I can't compare it to the real thing but I was making two recipes for ZWT7 that ask for it. I used this to make Shrimp and Scallop Chowder With Coconut Milk and De Lime in De Coconut Cheesecake and it worked beautifully in both. If I ever need coconut cream again I'll surely use this recipe.
I was in the middle of preparing a curry dish that called for coconut cream and didn't want to run to the store. This worked like a charm. Thanks much for posting. I will save this to use again instead of the higher fat and more expensive product.