Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got the inspiration for this sandwich from Club Panini from Pets'R'us, but this is a more "low fat" rendition of it. I find also if you heat the bottom of a medium sized skillet, place it on top of the sandwich, and place a tin foil wrapped brick in the pan on top, it will press it just as well as a George Foreman Grill.
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1⁄3 cup chives
- 9 slices deli turkey
- 6 slices swiss cheese or 6 slices provolone cheese
- 12 slices crispy cooked bacon, fat drained
- 6 slices tomatoes
- 6 slices sourdough bread
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (to brush on the bread for pressing)
- Like in recipe #152596, Combine the Mayo, mustard and herbs, and set aside.
- Plave 3 slices of the turkey breast, 2 slices of the cheese, 4 slices of bacon, and 2 slices of the tomato on a slice of bread.
- Spread the mixture that was set aside on the second slice of bread, and set that side down on the tomato.
- Spread the olive oil on the outside of the bread, both top and bottom.
- Brown the Bread with either a George Foreman Grill, or with the Skillet technique explained in the description.
This recipe is delicious. My teenage daughter and her friend loved this. I followed the recipe exactly. I used a small cast iron skillet to put on the top of the sandwich. I heated it up on a burner and put it on each sandwich as it was cooked. I turned it over half of the way through. Will definitely make this again. made for PAC Fall 2007
81g of fat is not "LOW Fat"