Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Delicious low fat cinnamon scone.
- 2 cups wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons applesauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C)Lightly grease two baking sheets.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, salt and sugar. Add the applesauce, water and milk; mix well.
- Drop large rounded spoonfuls of batter onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake at 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) for 15 minutes. Let cool before serving.
very good but did add blueberries to help with the flavors and texture. Also added more milk (used skim) because the batter was too crumbly to form into balls.
Delicious for a low fat recipe! My mother is a scone-lover, but she makes them the classic way, which I think is way too unhealthy. This is a good way for those who love sweets to eat in moderation. Thanks for the recipe!
Brilliant! Easy, tasty! Can be made with flavored apple sauces, and then adjusting the various spices. Particularly good with peach flavored apple sauce.