Recipe by tyk
i found this here http://lobsterandfishsticks.com/2009/08/25/lowfat-cinnamon-rolls/ and they sound pretty tasty and look pretty good, i love the idea of replacing the butter in the filling with applesauce. i hope i have time to try it sometime soon. the baking time looks awfully short though so that may need to change.
- 1 cup nonfat milk (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1⁄3 cup light margarine spread, melted
- 4 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 0.5 (8 ounce) package fat free cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Place 1 cup fat free milk (110 degrees F/45 degrees C), 2 eggs (at room temp), 1/3 cup light spread (melted), 4 1/2 cups flour, 1/2 cup white sugar, and 2 1/2 teaspoons bread machine yeast into the pan of the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select dough cycle; press Start.
- After the dough has doubled in size turn it out onto a lightly floured surface, cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup brown sugar and 2 1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon.
- In another bowl, mix together 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce and 2 teaspoons honey.
- Roll dough into a 16×21 inch rectangle.
- Spread dough with applesauce mixture and sprinkle evenly with sugar/cinnamon mixture.
- Roll up dough and cut into 16 rolls.
- Place rolls in a lightly greased 9×13 inch baking pan. Cover and let rise until nearly doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Bake rolls in preheated oven until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- While rolls are baking, beat together1/2 package fat free cream cheese, 3/4 cups confectioners' sugar, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, and 1/8 teaspoon salt.
- Spread frosting on warm rolls before serving.