Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I came up with this recipe when I was making a crumble to go on top of coffee cake. There's no added fat and it tastes great. You can add maple syrup or almond flavoring to change it around a bit.
- 5 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup brown sugar (more or less to taste)
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- Mix oats and brown sugar in bowl.
- Slowly add water, mixing as you go. You may need to add more water if it's not saturated enough.
- Mixture will be sticky and clumpy. Spread on baking sheet.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 30 mins or until brown and crunchy.