Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Full flavor, low fat, and low calorie hummus. Spicy and oh so delicious! Serve with veggie tray, pretzels, crackers, or your favorite dipping snacks.
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans chickpeas
- 8 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 1 cup cilantro
- Drain and rinse chickpeas, reserving 2/3 cup of the canned chickpea liquid.
- In a blender combine all the ingredients, gradually adding the reserved chickpea liquid, and process until smooth.
Mmmm! Delicious! No reason to spend the extra money on store-bought! This one's a winner! I did alter a few things:
I made a double batch (won't last long in my house!),
only did about 1/2 cup tahini for the entire double batch,
did 2 jalapenos per batch (because we like it hot!),
mixed in a sprinkling of cumin,
roasted my garlic and included a whole head of it,
did mostly lime juice with a little bit of lemon...
and didn't do any zest (we didn't have the fruits, so I just used the juice out of the bottles.).
I think it turned out great! Definitely has some kick, which is good!