Cook1 hr 30 mins
Inspired by the Internet, TRUE! Changed things to suit my tastes too! Wonderful combination of ingredients, SO easy to do! Look forward to my first review!
- PREHEAT oven 180F/350C.
- Wash chicken and pat dry; cut chicken breasts in half vertically and then horizontally so you have 2 or three smaller pieces.
- COMBINE pepper, paprika and garlic salt.
- PLACE chicken in a carresole dish sprayed with oil.
- RUB spices on BOTH sides of chicken and place in a single layer in the casserole dish.
- NOTE: I used glass Pyrex 13 x 9 dish.
- NOTE: I used store bought Kato's peach chutney; can also use Apricot too!
- COMBINE chutney, lemon juice, curry powder, givger and brown sugar
- NOTE: adjust tastes to YOUR liking ie if don't like as much curry or garlic then adjust it.
- POUR above over chicken and bake COVERED for 1 hour; basting every 15 - 20 minutes.
- UNCOVER and bake UNCOVERED for about 10 - 15 minutes until chicken looks glazed.
Yum, yum, yum Mickey. I used two skinless chicken breasts (which would lower the fat count even further), my own homemade apricot chutney, and fresh grated ginger. I used all the curry powder and we thought it was perfectly spiced. I was amazed you could actually taste the first lot of spices rubbed in to the chicken, then the sauce over the top. I reduced the initial cooking time to 30 minutes (from the hour) and found that and the last 15 minutes were enough.