Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
A delicoius low fat chicken salad that is served in whole wheat "bowls"
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1⁄3 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup roasted red pepper, diced
- 2 medium celery ribs, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 4 (2 ounce) whole wheat rolls
- Place chicken in saucepan and pour enough water over to cover. Set on medium heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until chicken is cooked through - (approx 10 mins).
- Drain and cut into 5cm/2-inch pieces.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix together mayo, red peppers, celery, parsley, mustard, oregano, and black pepper.
- Add chicken to mayo mixture and mix well.
- remove tops of buns and press down centre to create a bowl
- spoon chicken into prepared buns - 1/2 cup per bun.
Absolutely delish! How can this taste soooo wonderful; and be lowfat??? (Smacking forehead!) Loved the oregano! Made for LowFat Event in Cooking Photos.