Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe need to be credited to a little recipe book I have titled "Low Fat Mexican Recipes." It has very good recipes that I use regularly. I'm putting my favorites on Zaar for safe keeping. This is great scrambled eggs or potatoes.
- 1 lb ground chicken or 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried chipotle chile, ground
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- Combine all ingredients in a glass bowl. Mix thoroughly.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours.
- When ready to use, fry in a hot skillet with a small amount of oil.
I wanted a sausage using ground chicken for a breakfast omelet and this worked out great. It is a nice blend of spices without the fat. I'll be using this often.
When looking for a bit of OLE! This recipe will make your day! Scrambled eggs, added potatos too! This is a definate keeper for you know who!
We had this for brunch today & used it for recipe #207626. Easy to make. I didn't plan ahead, so didn't refrigerate. This meant the flavours didn't get time to develop, but definite potential. Thanks Happy Hippie for sharing this recipe - will make it again.