Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This cake is very high in fiber and iron. It is really good for you, makes you feel good, and tastes good which is always a plus.
- 3 bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup white flour, unbleached
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup wheat bran
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine wet ingredients and spices.
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients until smooth.
- Pour into a greased 8x8 inch glass baking pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes clean.
I love bananas, I love chocolate, I even love stuff that's healthy, but I couldn't stand to eat more than a bite of this cake... sorry:( Not sure what happened, but all I could taste was a really strong molasses flavor.
This was great. I made it exactly as stated and it turned out perfectly for me. Even my kids enjoyed it! We are thinking of putting some vanilla icing on top just for fun. It certainly doesn't *need* it, we just think it would go well! :) The spices are ever so subtle and the cocoa doesn't over power either. It still tastes like banana cake which works well for us. Thank you for sharing a great recipe.