1/2 Photos of Low Fat Chocolate Truffles
From a UK TV show I saw tonight (Cook Yourself Thin) these sound divine and are apparently 53kcals each and really quite low fat (all things considered). They were made with champagne on the TV show and are listed with coffee on the website, but it says you can pretty much vary the liquid up to that of your choosing, i.e. liqueur, coffee, tea or herbs. For personal preferences I'm going to list it with Tia Maria as that's what I'd try first. Please note that chilling time (30mins) is not included in the timings. I made these the other night and they are really good. Although it seems a lot of booze, etc. the flavour is quite subtle. Once made you need to refrigerate before consumption as the flavour develops better this way.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Gently melt the chocolate (either in a large bowl over a pan of simmering water, or nuke it in the microwave in short bursts)and set aside.
- 2Gently pour in the liqueur and, using a spatula, give it a slow turn of the bowl until the consistency thickens. The texture of the chocolate will thicken really quickly.
- 3Add the honey a tablespoon at a time, slowly mixing with the chocolate until the mixture gets really nice and glossy.
- 4Chill the bowl in the fridge for 30 minutes or until the truffle mixture has returned to a nearly solid form.
- 5Sieve three generous tablespoons cocoa powder onto a clean chopping board / large bowl / work surface.
- 6Scrape out a teaspoonful of the mixture into the palm of your hand and roll into a marble-sized ball, then roll this through the cocoa powder until fully coated.
- 7Repeat until all the mixture is used up.
- 8Store in the fridge in a jar or Tupperware tub.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Fat Chocolate Truffles
Serving Size: 1 (247 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 53.7
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 1.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: