Prep 4 hrs 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Here's a yummy dessert that won't hurt your waistline... and it's pretty enough for company! Prep time includes chilling time.
- 1 angel food cake (purchased or home made)
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) boxes fat-free chocolate pudding
- 4 cups skim milk
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 (12 ounce) container fat-free whipped topping
- 1 ounce semisweet baking chocolate
- Make pudding according to package directions, using skim milk, and set aside.
- Set aside a teaspoon of pudding and a couple of raspberries to be used later as garnish.
- Cut or tear angel food cake into 2 inch chunks.
- Line trifle bowl with 1/3 of the angel food cake, then 1/3 of the pudding.
- Top with 1/3 of remaining raspberries.
- Spoon 1/3 of whipped topping onto raspberries and cake.
- Repeat layers two more times.
- Grate semisweet chocolate into tiny shavings and sprinkle on top of final whipped topping layer.
- Garnish with dollop of pudding and reserved raspberries.
- Refrigerate 4 hours for best flavor.
A snap to make and easy on the waistline as well, but amazingly delicious! Raspberries are excellent right now and they really made this trifle extra special. I had made one similar with strawberries, but the flavor wasn't as intense. Very impressive and yet it was a cinch to put together!
Wonderfully light and tasteful dessert, but substituted fresh homemade whipped cream in place of the frozen whipped topping as that is full of nasty chemicals and isn't good for anyone. Fresh whipped cream is easy to make, and takes little time, and like anything else in moderation won't harm a waistline.