Prep 4 hrs 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Here's a yummy dessert that won't hurt your waistline... and it's pretty enough for company! Prep time includes chilling time.
- 1 angel food cake (purchased or home made)
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) boxes fat-free chocolate pudding
- 4 cups skim milk
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 (12 ounce) container fat-free whipped topping
- 1 ounce semisweet baking chocolate
- Make pudding according to package directions, using skim milk, and set aside.
- Set aside a teaspoon of pudding and a couple of raspberries to be used later as garnish.
- Cut or tear angel food cake into 2 inch chunks.
- Line trifle bowl with 1/3 of the angel food cake, then 1/3 of the pudding.
- Top with 1/3 of remaining raspberries.
- Spoon 1/3 of whipped topping onto raspberries and cake.
- Repeat layers two more times.
- Grate semisweet chocolate into tiny shavings and sprinkle on top of final whipped topping layer.
- Garnish with dollop of pudding and reserved raspberries.
- Refrigerate 4 hours for best flavor.
A snap to make and easy on the waistline as well, but amazingly delicious! Raspberries are excellent right now and they really made this trifle extra special. I had made one similar with strawberries, but the flavor wasn't as intense. Very impressive and yet it was a cinch to put together!