Prep 23 mins
Cook 34 mins
It looks and tastes SINFUL, but this heavenly berries and cream dessert has only 210 skinny calories per serving and only 4 .5 POINTS!
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 egg whites, about 1/2 cup, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup superfine sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 pints strawberries, thinly sliced lengthwise, about 3 cups, divided
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur or 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 4 fluid ounces light non-dairy whipped topping (1/2 an 8 oz container, about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- 1 whole strawberry, to garnish (optional)
- MERINGUE SHELL: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with
- parchment paper. Trace 10" circle onto paper; invert onto baking sheet.
- Sift together cocoa, confectioners' sugar and cornstarch; reserve. In bowl
- with mixer at high speed beat egg whites until frothy. Add cream of tartar
- and salt; beat until soft peaks form.
- Beat in superfine sugar, 2 Tbsp at a time, until sugar is completely dissolved,
- 5-6 minutes. Beat in vanilla until stiff, glossy peaks form, about 1 minute.
- Gradually sift cocoa mixture over meringue while folding it inches Do not over mix.
- Use gentle, circular motions to fold lighter ingredients into meringue.
- With spatula spread meringue to 1/2" thickness within circle on parchment.
- Spoon large dollops of meringue around outer edge of circle to form sides.
- Bake 1 hour. Turn oven off. Let meringue stand in oven with door slightly ajar.
- until dry, at least 4 hours or overnight.
- FILLING: In bowl combine 1 cup sliced strawberries, sugar, liqueur and zest;
- let stand 15 minutes. Fold in topping. Just before serving, spoon into meringue
- shell; level with spatula. Starting from center, arrange remaining sliced
- berries in overlapping concentric circles over filling. Transfer chocolate to.
- plastic food storage bag with corner snipped; pipe over pavlova (instead of.
- piping the chocolate over your pavlova, you can use a fork to gently drizzle it).
- Garnish with additional berry, if desired.