Recipe by Shirl (J) 831
This cake is fabulous and when you crave something scrumptious but don't want all the fat and calories look no further. This is good topped with your favorite sorbet or fat free vanilla yogurt.
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons very ripe dark bananas
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange, peeled and finely grated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup self rising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips (tiny ones)
- cocoa (to garnish)
- orange rind (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Spray a bundt pan,or a 8x8 pan with nonstick vegetable spray.
- In a medium bowl, beat the egg for 2-3 minutes at medium speed.
- Add sugar gradually till the mixture is pale yellow and is thickened.
- Add remaining ingredients except the garnishes.
- Pour into the pan and bake about 30 minutes, till it is tested with a toothpick that comes out clean.
- Cool completely, turn out onto a plate and sprinkle with the cocoa and orange peel.