Recipe by seesko
Yummy and won't kill you waisteline.
Top Review by invictus
Overall these were pretty good but they had a bit of a funny aftertaste that I didn't enjoy. Also the oats were still very evident which I didn't mind but my kids didn't enjoy at all. These muffins really don't rise so I recommend filling them to the top. I didn't read all the reviews first, filled my muffin tins 2/3 of the way full as recommended with most other recipes and threw away some extra batter. I was pretty disappointed when my muffins were little and flat.
- 1 cup old fashioned oats (not instant)
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2⁄3 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 2⁄3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 -6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak the oats in milk for about one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Spray the muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Combine the oat mixture with the applesauce and egg whites, and mix until combined. In a separate bowl, whisk the dry ingredients together. Add the wet ingredients to the dry mix until just combined. Add the chocolate chips. Do not over-mix of the muffins will be tough. Spoon the mixture into the muffin pan, forming a total of 12 muffins.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until done. Remove from pan and enjoy.