Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Looks delish... and low fat too!! :)
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup non-fat vanilla yogurt
- 2⁄3 cup nonfat milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- confectioners' sugar (optional)
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients.
- Stir in yogurt, milk and vanilla just until moistened.
- Coat muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray; fill two-thirds full.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack; dust with confectioners' sugar if desired.
Nice fudgey LOW-FAT treat! They have the typical rubbery texture of low-fat baked products but that's a small price to pay for the flavour & health factor. Perfect for lunches!
OMG . . . these were to die for! I substituted the sugar for Splenda (same amount) and the all purpose flour for almond flour/meal (same amount) I added two tablespoons of homeade unsweetened applsauce. I cant wait to make them again!
These muffins are great, they don't taste like low fat at all. I used splenda instead of sugar and added a few choc chips. delicious.