1/1 Photo of Low Fat Chocolate-Fudge Pudding Cake
When you have a craving for a comforting dessert, try this pudding cake, which forms its own rich-tasting sauce as it bakes. The coffee flavor is subtle, but it adds complex depth to the cake's flavor. From the Food Network.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- 1 1/3 cups hot brewed coffee
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar or 2/3 cup Splenda granular
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or 1/4 cup pecans, toasted
- confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F
- 2Coat a 1 1/2- to 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- 3Whisk whole-wheat flour, all-purpose flour, sugar (or Splenda Sugar Blend), cocoa, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- 4Whisk egg, milk, oil and vanilla in a glass measuring cup.
- 5Add to the flour mixture; stir with a rubber spatula until just combined.
- 6Fold in chocolate chips, if using.
- 7Scrape the batter into the prepared baking dish.
- 8Mix hot coffee and brown sugar (or Splenda Granular) in the measuring cup and pour over the batter. Sprinkle with nuts. (It may look strange at this point, but don't worry. During baking, cake forms on top with sauce underneath.)
- 9Bake the pudding cake until the top springs back when touched lightly, 30 to 35 minutes.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Fat Chocolate-Fudge Pudding Cake
Serving Size: 1 (130 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 236.0
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 24.0 mg
- Sodium 236.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 27.2 g
- Protein 4.2 g