Recipe by Shirl (J) 831
I got this recipe from a cookbooklet that Lori (Lauralie41) sent me. This is a diabetic recipe, also low in fat. Time indicated is chill time.
- 1 1⁄2 cups nonfat cottage cheese
- 8 teaspoons sugar (or 4 packs of equal)
- 2 teaspoons packed brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons semisweet mini chocolate chips, divided
- 2 cups fat free chocolate ice cream (or fat free chocolate yogurt)
- 3 tablespoons graham cracker crumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cottage cheese, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in food processor or blender till smooth.
- Stir in 1 tbsp mini chips with spoon.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup ice cream into each stemmed glass.
- Top with heaping cheese mixture; sprinkle with 2 tsp graham crumbs.
- Repeat layers.
- Freeze parfaits 15-30 minutes till slightly firm.
- Garnish each parfait with remaining 1 tbsp mini chips and remaining cracker crumbs.