Recipe by chefina
From Woman's Weekly Everyday Cakes and Cookies. I made this into cupcakes instead of a big cake. Very tasty!
- 50 g dark chocolate
- 50 g drinking chocolate (I used Cadbury Highlights Fudge flavour drinking chocolate)
- 50 g sugar
- 125 ml boiling water
- 2 eggs (separate whites from yolk)
- 60 g plain flour
- 50 g almond meal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven at 180'C. Grease the cake dish or cupcake tins.
- Melt dark chocolate.
- Combine drinking chocolate, sugar, and boiling water in a large bowl. Add the melted chocolate.Stir until smooth.
- Add the egg yolks and mix well to combine.
- Fold in the almond meal and flour.
- Beat egg whites in a mixer until peaks form. Fold the whites gently into the chocolate mixture.
- Pour into cake dish or cupcake tins.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes.
- Cool and frost with any faloour frosting that you like.