Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are the most delicious low-fat chocolate chips cookies you've ever ate! From this recipe you get about 50 amazing cookies, about 2" in diameter each. This recipe is fun to prepare with the children, who also like to enjoy her creations... that is the cookies.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (375g)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda (7.5g)
- 1 teaspoon salt (6g)
- 1 1⁄4 cups brown sugar, packed (275g)
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar (60g)
- 95 g butter, soft, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (4g)
- 2 egg whites, beaten (66g)
- 1⁄3 cup 1% low-fat milk (90g)
- 280 g semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Mix flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl mix brown sugar, powder sugar, butter and vanilla extract.
- Add bitten egg whites to sugar mixture.
- Gradually alternate and add milk and dry ingredients to the sugar + egg mixture.
- Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Using two spoons, place cookie portions onto baking sheet lined with baking paper. Make sure to leave a lot of space between cookies.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until center of cookie is stable - DO NOT over bake!.
- Place baked cookies on cooling net.
- * When cookies are ready they are moist and soft - they are not supposed to be dry and hard.
- * When using a mixer follow the same order of directions: first the sugar mixture, egg-whites and lastly the dry ingredients and the chocolate chips.
- * If you'd like the recipe to be Pareve, you can use margarine instead of butter, and water instead of milk - but I am not sure about the taste -- .