Recipe by ct in ut
Easy, tasty, leaner & quick. Batter can be made into muffins or bread, see instructions below.
- cooking spray
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 cup Splenda sugar substitute (white)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 2 cups chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees for muffins or 325 for bread.
- Coat pans with cooking spray.
- In a large size bowl whisk flour, powder, soda & spices together.
- Mix in a medium bowl the eggs, applesauce, sugars & pumpkin.
- Now add the wet ingredients into the large bowl & mix well.
- Add in chocolate chips & mix well.
- For Mini Muffins: fill each mini muffin cup in the pans with two-thirds batter; bake 17 minutes convection or 23 min regular oven. Makes 72 minis.
- For Bread: bake 35 minutes convection or 50 min regular oven. Makes 2 large loaves or 3 regular size loaves.
- Note that I prefer the mini muffins because I like bite size snacks & it is easier to count the nutritional value. If I am in a hurry I will make the bread then slice it. Store the cooled minis or bread in zip top bags & it will stay fresh for 3+ days.