Recipe by Blakey
These perfectly sweet muffins are great to share for breakfast or dessert!
Top Review by asaxon
Very tasty, I just changed out the applesauce for non-fat french vanilla yogurt, didn't really wants an apple taste with chocolate chip. I did end up cooking it for 20 minutes. Another sub is instead of 1 cup of flour I did 1/2 white flour and 1/2 whole wheat pastry flour. I'm surprised how well it turned out-hope these tips are helpful...enjoy!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Coat a 12-hole muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Set aside Separate the egg, placing the whites in a medium bowl and the yolk in a large bowl.
- Set the whites aside.
- Add the brown sugar, applesauce, oil and vanilla to the yolk.
- Mix w/a wooden spoon until well blended.
- Add the flour mixture and stir until well combined.
- With an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the whites until soft peaks form.
- Add whites to the batter along with 4 Tbsp of the chocolate chips.
- Stir until well blended.
- Divide batter equally among the 12 muffin cups.
- Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon chocolate chips on the top of each muffin.
- Bake until toothpick comes out cleam, about 23 minutes.
- Cool 5 minutes in the tins- then remove muffing to a rack and cool 10 minutes more.