Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found these scrumptious-looking cookies on About.com and am storing them here to try ASAP. Anything chocolate and guilt-free sounds fantastic to me! I modified them to make them dairy-free, but feel free to use butter if it's a possibility for you.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars together with an electric mixer until creamy. Add egg white and vanilla and mix until well blended.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder.
- Gradually add flour mixture to egg and sugar. Use a wooden spoon to work the dough together. Don’t worry if the dough seems a little crumbly at first. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop cookie dough by the teaspoonful on to a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat if you have one.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
This recipe was awesome. Instead of chocolate chips, I added 1/2 cup of oates and a 1/4 cup of raisins to the batter, along with a pinch of cinnamon and nutmeg. I also poured the batter into an 8x8 inch pan, and made bar cookies instead! They were irresistable from the very first bite. They even tasted better the next day!
Yum... I doubled this recipe and used splenda brown for the brown sugar and 1/2 splenda 1/2 white sugar for the white. Plus I used whole wheat pastry flour since it's all I have. These were little brownie morsels with chocolate chips. I shaped them into balls and they definitely stayed like that! Quick and easy to pop into your mouth!