Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Something the kids will like!
- 3 ripe bananas
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup chocolate chips
- Mash bananas.
- Add remaining ingredients except chocolate chips and mix.
- Add chocolate chips and stir (I start with the 1/2 c and add more if it looks like too little.).
- Pour into grased muffin tins and bake at 350 for approx 15-20 minutes (until toothpick comes out clean).
We love this muffin recipe!!! I followed completely the first time and it was great, but now, instead of white flour, I add 3/4 cup of rolled oats that I pulse in the food processor quickly, blueberries, ground pears, if I have a few extra ripe ones (instead of applesauce), almond extract, and a spoonful or 2 of Nutella. The kids love all the flavors, and with the addition of the almond extract and other goodies I cut the sugar to 1/4 cup.
Really yummy with a good amount of chocolate :) used only 1/4 cup of sugar and made both amounts of flour whole wheat. Instead of muffins made 8 mini loafs and they always turn out fantastic, get lots of requests for these from family and friends
Yummy and so easy to make! I added a little cinnamon - might try clove next time. I used a mini muffin tin which worked very well.