Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped scallion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped bean sprouts
- 1⁄2 cup fat free chicken broth
- 6 large egg whites
- 1 teaspoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- In large nonstick skillet over high heat, saute all vegetables in chicken broth for 5 minutes.
- Stirring occasionally.
- Pour excess broth off vegetables and set vegetables aside in skillet.
- Meanwhile, in blender, mix egg whites, soy sauce and spices on high for 1 minute.
- Pour egg mixture over vegetables and return to heat.
- Cook on low heat until eggs have set to your liking.
- Serve with whole wheat toast and jam.
Hey, this is like Egg Foo Yong without the FOO Very nice recipe and look at the calories and fat! I used fresh garlic (3 cloves, smashed). I cooked the omelet with a lid over it for 7 minutes, medium heat. Served with fried green tomatoes and whole wheat toast, sliced Lemon Cucumbers. Excellent Brunch Thanks for another one Dancer