Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is a very hearty filling meal for 4 people. Each serving equals 5 points on the Weight Watcher Points Plan, as follows: BOCA = 1 point & 1 cup Pinto Beans = 4 points, rest of recipe are free points. We watch FAT intake, most other chili's are too high in fat content. This recipe is one of my own creations, and my husband says this is the best chili he has ever eaten.
- Pam cooking spray
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 stalks celery, diced fine
- 2 small anaheim chilies or 1 large anaheim chilies or 2 small jalapeno peppers, with all seeds removed,diced fine
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 cans nonfat beef broth
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chili powder (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- salt & pepper
- 2 packages boca vegetarian ground beef (1 cup each pkg.)
- 1⁄2 poblano chile
- 2 cans pinto beans
- Spray soup kettle with Pam.
- Saute until Translucent garlic, celery, Anaheim peppers and onion.
- Add diced tomatoes, tomatoe sauce, tomatoe paste, beef broth, chili powder, ginger, Salt& Pepper.
- Bring to a boil, stir, reduce heat, cover& simmer about 1 hour.
- Taste to determine if spices are right.
- Add more Chili Powder if required.
- Add pinto beans, BOCA Ground Burger& Poblano chili pepper.
- ,simmer until well heated through.