Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Sumbitted by Dancer. I think you might want to check your cooking time on the chicken
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper, ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- Coat large skillet with cooking spray and place over medium heat until hot. Add onion.
- Cover and cook 10 minutes until deep golden stirring often.
- combine salt, thyme, red pepper and black pepper.
- Sprinkle half the mixture over onions.
- Add 1/4 cup chicken broth and cook 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add 6 tablespoon broth and cook until liquid evaporates.
- Repeat procedure with remaining broth.
- Add vinegar and cook an additional 2 minutes or until most of the liquid evaporates.
- Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Rub chicken with remaining spice mixture. Coat skillet with cooking spray and heat. Add chicken and cook for 2 minutes on each side. Serve with onions.
Good recipe. Really enjoyed the onions. When it says repeat procedure with remaining broth I wasn't sure if that meant step 5 and 6 or just 6, but I just kept adding a bit of broth and letting it evaporate. Tasty!
Nice spices on the chicken. For my tastes, the balsamic vinegar was a bit over powering and I used a bit less than 1/4 cup. I will definitely make this again with just a bit less vinegar. Thanks for the recipe!
Loved this recipe I did add more red papper and cut back on the balsamic. I cut the chicken breast to stir fry size. Prepared the onions earlier in the day and then it just took minutes to finish the recipe . This is a keeper for sure Thanks Dancer