Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I'm on weight watchers.This soup is full of fiber and it's lowfat.It really fill you up.
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1 large onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 poblano pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb baby carrots
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms
- 10 ounces frozen spinach, defrosted
- 5 (15 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 5 tablespoons cumin
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- fresh cilantro
- Soften onion,garlic,pablono and jalepeno in oil over medium heat.
- Add chopped up chicken.Stir and cook for a minute or two.
- Add cumin,chili powder,salt and pepper.Stir and cook for a couple minutes.
- Add drained tomatoes,mushrooms,carrots,spinach and chicken broth.
- Bring to soft boil and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Garnish with crumbled tortilla chips,cilantro,lime juice,a little lowfat shreaded cheese and lowfat sour cream.
Very delicious! I did put a litte less spinach in the soup and I still thought I could have put less