Rebecca Mead's Note:
Low-Fat-Diets doesn't mean that you can't eat tasty food. I think that this is a good alternative to the regular version. You could also exchange the chicken for meatballs or beef but the nutritional value will change as well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 4 chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 tablespoon butter (lower fat non stick spray)
- 20 ounces chicken stock
- 1/2 cup baby onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup mushroom, mixed,quartered (button, oyster)
- 6 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 -3 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chives, fresh,chopped
- 1 lb noodles
- 1Place the flour and paprika in a small plastic bag and season well and add the chicken pieces to the bag and shake to coat.
- 2Spray a large frying pan with spray oil or heat the butter, and gently fry the chicken until golden.
- 3Transfer to a bowl with a slotted spoon and cover to keep warm.
- 4Heat the stock in pan, add the onions and garlic and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 5Add the mushrooms, sherry, and chicken to the pan along with the remaining stock and a little seasoning to taste, then cook for 5 minutes, stirring until all the ingredients are heated through and the sauce has thickened up.
- 6Remove from the heat and stir in the cream.
- 7Sprinkle with chives and serve with noodles or rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Fat Chicken Stroganoff
Serving Size: 1 (470 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 902.8
- Calories from Fat 221
- Total Fat 24.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 203.0 mg
- Sodium 349.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 96.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 51.5 g