Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Low-Fat-Diets doesn't mean that you can't eat tasty food. I think that this is a good alternative to the regular version. You could also exchange the chicken for meatballs or beef but the nutritional value will change as well.
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 4 chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 tablespoon butter (lower fat non stick spray)
- 20 ounces chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup baby onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, mixed,quartered (button, oyster)
- 6 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 -3 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chives, fresh,chopped
- 1 lb noodles
- Place the flour and paprika in a small plastic bag and season well and add the chicken pieces to the bag and shake to coat.
- Spray a large frying pan with spray oil or heat the butter, and gently fry the chicken until golden.
- Transfer to a bowl with a slotted spoon and cover to keep warm.
- Heat the stock in pan, add the onions and garlic and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, sherry, and chicken to the pan along with the remaining stock and a little seasoning to taste, then cook for 5 minutes, stirring until all the ingredients are heated through and the sauce has thickened up.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the cream.
- Sprinkle with chives and serve with noodles or rice.
Hubby and i thought this was good. I do wonder if the calorie's posted on this site are right? ANyhoo, i made a couple subsitutions. I used white wine in place of the sherry, and had no mushrooms so i just threw in some thinly sliced celery. The celery really did not do justice, however the recipe was still very good and I would love to make it again with mushrooms. I loved that this recipe did not include canned creamed soups. Thanks for posting.