Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
A creamy, hearty recipe that feels like comfort food, but won't spoil your plans for bathing suit season. Requires crock pot or slow cooker.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can fat-free cream of mushroom soup
- 8 ounces fat free cream cheese
- 1 cup nonfat beef broth
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon browning sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Cut chicken and cream cheese into 1" chunks.
- Saute the mushrooms and onions until soft.
- Combine all ingredients in slow cooker. Stir to mix well.
- Cook over low for 6-8 hours or over high for 4 hours.
- Serve over rice, couscous or noodles.
This really didn't work for me. I don't fell comfortable leaving stars because I made 2 changes although I don't think that it changed the overall outcome. I don't eat beef in any form so I used chicken broth and I skipped the browning sauce. In your description it said that this dish was creamy...for me it turned out very runny. I may try it again on the stove top to see if that will thicken it up.