Recipe by MarraMamba
Low fat but you get to enjoy the puff pastry due to the use of such low fat ingredients in the filling.:) the totals are still well below a low fat diet number. Found this in cooking light. Their values are: 388 calories, Fat 13 grams (2g saturated, mono 3g, poly 7g) carb 45.7g, chol 34 mg.
- 709.77 ml fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 354.88 ml frozen peas, thawed
- 236.59 ml baking potato, cut in 1/2 inch dice and peeled. Same for the next veggies
- 236.59 ml sweet potato
- 236.59 ml celery root (celeriac)
- 236.59 ml parsnip, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 283.49 g package white pearl onions, frozen
- 453.59 g boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
- 158.51 ml flour, divided
- 354.88 ml nonfat milk
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh parsley
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh thyme (or 2 tsp dried)
- 7.39 ml salt
- 4.92 ml black pepper
- cooking spray
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Bring broth to a boil in a large dutch oven. Add peas and next 5 ingredients, through to.
- onions to pan. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 6 minutes.
- Add chicken. Cook 5 minutes or until done.
- Remove chicken and veggies from broth with slotted spoon and set in a large bowl.
- Increase heat to medium. Spoon flour lightly into measuring cup, level with knife. Place.
- all but 1 tbs of flour into a medium bowl, gradually add milk whisking until well blended.
- Add milk mixture to the broth, cook for 5 minutes until thickened, stirring frequently.
- Stir in chicken and veggies, parsley, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Spoon mixture into an 11 x 7 baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle remaining 1 tbs on to work surface, roll dough into a 13x9 rectangle. Place dough.
- over the chicken mixture, pressing to seal at the edges of the dish. Cut slits in dough for.
- steam to escape, and coat dough lightly with cooking spray.
- Place on a foil lined baking dish (to make clean up easy if there is a bubble over). Bake at.
- 400 for 16 minutes or until pastry is golden and filling is bubbly.