1/3 Photos of Low Fat Chicken Pot Pie With Puff Pastry!
1 hr 10 mins
Low fat but you get to enjoy the puff pastry due to the use of such low fat ingredients in the filling.:) the totals are still well below a low fat diet number. Found this in cooking light. Their values are: 388 calories, Fat 13 grams (2g saturated, mono 3g, poly 7g) carb 45.7g, chol 34 mg.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup baking potato, cut in 1/2 inch dice and peeled. Same for the next veggies
- 1 cup sweet potato
- 1 cup celery root (celeriac)
- 1 cup parsnip, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1 (10 ounce) package white pearl onions, frozen
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
- 2/3 cup flour, divided
- 1 1/2 cups nonfat milk
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme (or 2 tsp dried)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- cooking spray
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1Preheat oven to 400.
- 2Bring broth to a boil in a large dutch oven. Add peas and next 5 ingredients, through to.
- 3onions to pan. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 6 minutes.
- 4Add chicken. Cook 5 minutes or until done.
- 5Remove chicken and veggies from broth with slotted spoon and set in a large bowl.
- 6Increase heat to medium. Spoon flour lightly into measuring cup, level with knife. Place.
- 7all but 1 tbs of flour into a medium bowl, gradually add milk whisking until well blended.
- 8Add milk mixture to the broth, cook for 5 minutes until thickened, stirring frequently.
- 9Stir in chicken and veggies, parsley, thyme, salt and pepper.
- 10Spoon mixture into an 11 x 7 baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 11Sprinkle remaining 1 tbs on to work surface, roll dough into a 13x9 rectangle. Place dough.
- 12over the chicken mixture, pressing to seal at the edges of the dish. Cut slits in dough for.
- 13steam to escape, and coat dough lightly with cooking spray.
- 14Place on a foil lined baking dish (to make clean up easy if there is a bubble over). Bake at.
- 15400 for 16 minutes or until pastry is golden and filling is bubbly.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Fat Chicken Pot Pie With Puff Pastry!
Serving Size: 1 (370 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 389.4
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 37.2 mg
- Sodium 685.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 21.6 g