Prep 13 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken breasts
- 2 cups frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 (2 ounce) jarsliced pimiento, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups low-fat baking mix (such as reduced-fat Bisquick)
- 3⁄4 cup nonfat milk
- 1 large egg
- fat-free butter-flavored cooking spray (such as I Can't Believe It's Not Butter)
- 1 tablespoon preshredded fresh parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine soup and next 3 ingredients in a saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 1 minute, stirring constantly until smooth.
- Stir in chicken, peas, and carrots, and next 3 ingredients.
- Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes.
- Pour mixture into an 11x7" baking dish.
- Combine baking mix, 3/4 cup milk, and egg; stir until smooth.
- Spread evenly over chicken mixture; coat with butter spray.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until golden.
This dish was OK. The crust was a little too thick for my liking so next time I may cut down on the bisquick a little bit. I also used egg substitute to cut down on the fat even more.