Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I believe I found this recipe on msn. I usually put the mix into a casserole dish and make it like a whole pie instead of separate servings, but it's good either way.
- 1 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 cups skinless chicken breasts, roasted, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 4 scallions, cut into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- cooking spray
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) can refrigerated biscuits
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In medium saucepan, whisk half-and-half, broth, flour, and poultry seasoning until combined. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer, whisking frequently, 4 minutes, or until thickened. Stir in chicken, mixed vegetables, scallions, salt, and pepper. Cover and keep warm.
- Lightly coat 5 (6 oz) ramekins or one pie dish with cooking spray. On a lightly floured surface, overlap 2 biscuits (if using whole dish, use all biscuits) and press edges together; roll biscuits into a 4-inch round (they don't have to be perfect). Roll out remaining biscuits the same way. Fill ramekins with chicken mixture. Top each with biscuit dough, pressing dough onto side of ramekin to adhere; cut a 1/2-inch-round vent hole in middle of dough.
- Bake 12 minutes, or until biscuits are golden and filling bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
This was very good, and I am so excited to have a pot pie recipe that doesn't call for "cream of junk" soup!! I made it a one-dish meal by preparing the sauce and filling in a 10 inch cast iron-skillet and placing the flattened biscuits on top. I think next time I might cut back a bit on the salt--maybe to 3/4 t? Also, I will probably either use more chicken broth or thinner milk (2% or skim) to keep the sauce thin enough to create a nice gravy. I don't know if I simmered too long, but I wanted more liquid in the end than I got. Probably personal taste :). Thanks so much for posting; this was really yummy!
I thought this was easy to make. I added half a tsp of onion powder and garlic powder. DH really enjoyed it a lot, he's a huge fan of chicken pot pie, so this was right up his alley! I did one casserole dish instead of individual ramekins.I just slightly overlapped the biscuits and rolled them out a bit to fit the shape of my casserole dish. I wasn't sure if I'd need to increase the baking time doing it this way so I kept a close eye and it was done in 13 minutes. Reviewed for PAC Spring 2009.