Inspired by this low fat recipe, #98846, I changed it slightly to intrigue me! Thought came out very nice, true! Look forward to my first review!
- NOTE: I cut chivken breasts horizontally as I like thinner chicken breasts.
- RINSE chicken and pat dry; rub with Italian herbs.
- In bowl, combine breadcrumbs and feta cheese.
- NOTE: I used the back of a fork to break down feat cheese into much smaller pieces.
- DREDGE chicken breasts into breadcrumb mixture making sure both sides are coated.
- I used Health Griller (lightly sprayed)but you can also make this on the stovetop in a lightly oiled fry pan.
- COOK about 6 minutes until golden brown.
- Place chicken breasts on flat tray.
- Spoon canned tomatoes over top of chicken breast and cover with mozarella cheese; place under griller until tomato sauce is hot and cheese has melted
- NOTE: I used Canned tomatoes with Basil and Garlic for more flavouring; can use any type pasta sauce too -- is simply up to you! :).
- NOTE: Can heat up canned tomatoes or tomato sauce before you put it in the chicken -- I just spoon it out of the can for ease.
- NOTE: These freeze well.
- NOTE: Depending on the size of your chicken breasts, you may have to adjust for more or less breadcrumb/feta combination.