1/1 Photo of Low Fat Chicken Parmesan Mediterranean
Inspired by this low fat recipe, #98846, I changed it slightly to intrigue me! Thought came out very nice, true! Look forward to my first review!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1NOTE: I cut chivken breasts horizontally as I like thinner chicken breasts.
- 2RINSE chicken and pat dry; rub with Italian herbs.
- 3In bowl, combine breadcrumbs and feta cheese.
- 4NOTE: I used the back of a fork to break down feat cheese into much smaller pieces.
- 5DREDGE chicken breasts into breadcrumb mixture making sure both sides are coated.
- 6I used Health Griller (lightly sprayed)but you can also make this on the stovetop in a lightly oiled fry pan.
- 7COOK about 6 minutes until golden brown.
- 8Place chicken breasts on flat tray.
- 9Spoon canned tomatoes over top of chicken breast and cover with mozarella cheese; place under griller until tomato sauce is hot and cheese has melted
- 10NOTE: I used Canned tomatoes with Basil and Garlic for more flavouring; can use any type pasta sauce too -- is simply up to you! :).
- 11NOTE: Can heat up canned tomatoes or tomato sauce before you put it in the chicken -- I just spoon it out of the can for ease.
- 12NOTE: These freeze well.
- 13NOTE: Depending on the size of your chicken breasts, you may have to adjust for more or less breadcrumb/feta combination.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Fat Chicken Parmesan Mediterranean
Serving Size: 1 (122 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 126.7
- Calories from Fat 13
- Total Fat 1.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 34.2 mg
- Sodium 201.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 15.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mixed Italian herbs
reduced-fat feta cheese
low fat mozzarella