Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1⁄3 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese, divided
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 lb chicken breast tenders
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups bottled fat-free tomato-basil pasta sauce
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup shredded provolone cheese
- Preheat broiler. Combine 2 tablespoons of Parmesan, breadcrumbs, parsley, basil, and 1/8 teaspoon salt in a shallow dish. Place egg white in a shallow dish. Dip each chicken tender in egg white; dredge in the breadcrumb mixture. Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 3 minutes on each side or until done. Set aside.
- Combine 1/8 teaspoon salt, pasta sauce, vinegar, and pepper in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover with plastic wrap; vent. Microwave sauce.
- mixture at HIGH 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Pour the sauce over chicken in pan. Sprinkle evenly with the remaining Parmesan and provolone cheese. Wrap handle of pan with foil, and broil 2 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Makes 4 servings @ 6 Points each or Core + 2 Points.
Thanks to Bargain Basement I chose this recipe to try.
For a busy night this came out good.
The vinigar made this dish more unique.
Nice recipe to try.