Recipe by ncdixiechic
I was experimenting on one of my favorite dishes (Chicken Parmesan)to try to make it low fat. Here is what I came up with and it is fabulous and guilt free!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups plain breadcrumbs (or shake and bake, it already is seasoned)
- 1 tablespoon original Emeril's Original Essence or 1 tablespoon Italian spices, of your choice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, to your taste
- 2 cups Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 16 ounces of your favorite marinara sauce (I use Ragu)
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat parmesan cheese or 1⁄2 cup regular parmesan cheese
- 16 ounces angel hair pasta
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Boil and season water with 1 tbs kosher salt.
- Add Angel hair pasta.
- this will cook fast, about 6-7 min until al dente.
- Mix bread crumbs and seasonings (kosher salt fresh ground black pepper, and Emerils Essence, the best) in a separate dish.
- coat chicken breast in egg beaters and then coat them in bread crumb mixture.
- In a saute pan, spray with Pam and 1 tsp olive oil over medium heat.
- Sear coated chicken breast in pan until good and brown on both sides.
- remove chicken from pan.
- Spray Pam on a casserole dish and place in the seared chicken breast.
- Cover with marinara sauce.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the covered chicken.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken and sauce from dish and serve over angel hair pasta.
- Sprinkle more parmesan on top after baking.