I was experimenting on one of my favorite dishes (Chicken Parmesan)to try to make it low fat. Here is what I came up with and it is fabulous and guilt free!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups plain breadcrumbs (or shake and bake, it already is seasoned)
- 1 tablespoon original Emeril's Original Essence or 1 tablespoon Italian spices, of your choice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, to your taste
- 2 cups Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 16 ounces of your favorite marinara sauce (I use Ragu)
- 1/2 cup low-fat parmesan cheese or 1/2 cup regular parmesan cheese
- 16 ounces angel hair pasta
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Boil and season water with 1 tbs kosher salt.
- 3Add Angel hair pasta.
- 4this will cook fast, about 6-7 min until al dente.
- 5Mix bread crumbs and seasonings (kosher salt fresh ground black pepper, and Emerils Essence, the best) in a separate dish.
- 6coat chicken breast in egg beaters and then coat them in bread crumb mixture.
- 7In a saute pan, spray with Pam and 1 tsp olive oil over medium heat.
- 8Sear coated chicken breast in pan until good and brown on both sides.
- 9remove chicken from pan.
- 10Spray Pam on a casserole dish and place in the seared chicken breast.
- 11Cover with marinara sauce.
- 12Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the covered chicken.
- 13Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- 14Remove chicken and sauce from dish and serve over angel hair pasta.
- 15Sprinkle more parmesan on top after baking.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Fat Chicken Parmesan
Serving Size: 1 (416 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 859.8
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 1515.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 138.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 16.4 g
- Protein 51.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Emeril's Original Essence
Egg Beaters egg substitute
low-fat parmesan cheese