Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This easy recipe is adapted from a recipe in Men's Health magazine. Very easy to make, and a perfect winter meal.
- 500 g chicken breasts, fat trimmed
- 2 carrots
- 1 onion
- 220 g egg noodles
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 packets chicken noodle soup mix
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper (adapt depending on how spicy you like it)
- 8 cups water
- Trim fat from chicken, cut into pieces and lightly brown in a little olive oil.
- Set aside.
- In a large pot, place 8 cups water and bring to the boil.
- Add chopped onion, chopped carrots, salt and garlic.
- Boil for 20-25 mins, or until carrots are tender.
- Add the cooked chicken, soup mix, cayenne pepper, chopped capsicum and egg noodles to pot.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.