Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
THIS is D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S, true! Found recipe while surfing the net too! Changed slightly to suit out taste, yes! How long until someone reviews this? GUESS!
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 cups pears with juice
- 2 tablespoons chicken stock
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 1⁄4 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- salt & pepper
- DRAIN pears and reserve liquid.
- COMBINE reserved liquid, balsamic vinegar, thyme and cinnamon (can use allspice too!).
- CUT chicken breasts horizontally in half and then cut breast vertically in half.
- SPRINKLE with salt and pepper.
- HEAT 2 tbsp of chicken broth and garlic in pan and BROWN chicken; remove to warm platter.
- ADD liquid-pear mixture to pan until slowly BOILS.
- ADD chicken back to pan with mixture and SIMMER for 10 minutes.
- REMOVE chicken again to warm platter and reduce liquid for 5 minutes.
- STIR in pears and raspberries and coat well until warm.
- SPOON sauce over chicken and.
- NOTE: Can use canned pears to make it simpler!
This is delicious and easy. We'll definitely make it again!
Delicious Delicious Delicious !!!
This was quite good. I served it with a parmasan pilaf and roasted asparagus. I found the overall flavor to be lacking body so I think I'll add some honey to blend the flavors together.