Recipe by Chef Zenia =)
This is a great way to prepare chicken, it tastes great and it's good for you. A good alternative to typical barbecue food.
Top Review by BettyBP
Made this recipe for dinner last night and it was fabulous. I did make a couple small changes as an extra tablespoon of yogurt and mint and I also used 2 shallots and 2 cloves of garlic. Marinated the chicken for around 6 hours and then added whole baby bella mushrooms and sliced green pepper before I put it on the skewers. I made sure the vegetables were covered with the marinade as well. Chicken was tender and delicious and we enjoyed this very much and will be making it again.
- 1 pinch saffron thread
- 3⁄4 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chopped of fresh mint or 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 clove fresh garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breast tenders, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubed pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Put saffron in a small cup with 2 tbsp hot water.
- Let soak for a few minutes.
- In a large shallow dish, combine yogurt, mint, shallot, fresh and granulated garlic.
- Add saffron and soaking liquid.
- Add chicken pieces; cover with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes and up to 12 hours.
- Light an outdoor grill or heat a stovetop grill pan.
- Thread the marinated chicken pieces onto skewers.
- Grill kebabs until chicken is no longer pink in the middle, about 5 minutes per side.