Cook1 hr 40 mins
This dish is sooooo good, you won't believe it! It's a snap to prepare and the result looks very invested... No body will know you used Coke as the main ingredient. Great to serve with rice and steamed vegetables.
- Preheat oven to 430°F.
- Place chicken quarters in oven pan facing down. (If there was skin, it would have been on bottom).
- Pour Coke on chicken quarters.
- Evenly spread onion soup powder.
- Cover and seal with heavy duty aluminum foil.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours.
- Take pan out and uncover aluminum foil -- Careful! steam is very hot.
- Flip over chicken quarters.
- Put back into oven (without aluminum foil) for additional 10-15 minutes until chicken is nicely brown as desired.
- Occasionally wet chicken quarters with the fluids in the pan.
- Arrange chicken quarters on a serving dish.
- Pour fluids into small pot and bring to a light gentle boil.
- In the meantime, mix and dissolve corn starch in one cup of tub water, and gradually add to the fluids in the pot. Make sure there are no lumps.
- Keep stirring the bubbly gravy on medium heat for additional 3-5 minutes until thickens.
- Pour some of the gravy to a serving gravy boat, and spread the rest all over ready to serve chicken quarters.