1/2 Photos of Low Fat Chicken in Coke Gravy (Kosher-Meat)
1 hr 55 mins
1 hr 40 mins
Smadar's Sane Way Cc's Note:
This dish is sooooo good, you won't believe it! It's a snap to prepare and the result looks very invested... No body will know you used Coke as the main ingredient. Great to serve with rice and steamed vegetables.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 430°F.
- 2Place chicken quarters in oven pan facing down. (If there was skin, it would have been on bottom).
- 3Pour Coke on chicken quarters.
- 4Evenly spread onion soup powder.
- 5Cover and seal with heavy duty aluminum foil.
- 6Bake for 1 1/2 hours.
- 7Take pan out and uncover aluminum foil -- Careful! steam is very hot.
- 8Flip over chicken quarters.
- 9Put back into oven (without aluminum foil) for additional 10-15 minutes until chicken is nicely brown as desired.
- 10Occasionally wet chicken quarters with the fluids in the pan.
- 12Arrange chicken quarters on a serving dish.
- 13Pour fluids into small pot and bring to a light gentle boil.
- 14In the meantime, mix and dissolve corn starch in one cup of tub water, and gradually add to the fluids in the pot. Make sure there are no lumps.
- 15Keep stirring the bubbly gravy on medium heat for additional 3-5 minutes until thickens.
- 16Pour some of the gravy to a serving gravy boat, and spread the rest all over ready to serve chicken quarters.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Fat Chicken in Coke Gravy (Kosher-Meat)
Serving Size: 1 (358 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 302.7
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 104.5 mg
- Sodium 1057.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 16.9 g
- Protein 27.1 g