Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Taste like the real thing! With out the extra fat and calories of frying.
Make and share this Low Fat Chicken Fried Steak recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs cube steaks
- 1 (4 1/4 ounce) box oven fry for pork
- 1 (2 3/4 ounce) packagepioneer fat free gravy mix (I find it at WalMart)
- Pre-heat oven to 350*.
- Roll Cube steak in Oven Fry.
- Place on Baking Stone or Cookie Sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until juices are clear.
- Turn once.
- Right before taking out of oven prepare gravy as directed on package.
Thanks so much for posting! Our family used to have chicken fried steak regularly, but have pretty much stopped eating it. I can't believe that I hadn't heard of this prep method before. We served without the gravy.
Thank you for sharing this wonderful idea - such an easy and tender way to enjoy this dish. Did not have the pork flavored Oven Fry but used Extra Crispy Shake and Bake with great results. Used tin foil over pan for easy clean up. How easy is this!
Wow. This turned out better than I thought. Even the picky eater in our family ate it and said she liked it. We will definitely have this again. I wasn't sure how well I would like it since I grew up eating the fried version, but it tastes even better without all the grease. Plus, it's easier to clean up. Thanks for this recipe!