Recipe by NeXuS
Quick, easy, and best of all low in fat! A little recipe combination from my mother and me.
- 1 large chicken breast
- 1⁄2 large green pepper
- 1⁄2 large red pepper
- 1⁄2 large orange peppers or 1⁄2 large yellow pepper
- 1⁄2 medium red onion
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon fajita seasoning mix
- 2 whole wheat pita bread
- iceberg lettuce
- fat free sour cream (optional)
- salsa (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice chicken breast into strips and brown in nonstick frying pan.
- While browning chicken breast, slice peppers and red onion into 1/4" strips.
- When chicken breast slightly browned, add peppers, onion, and mushrooms to pan and continue to brown veggies.
- Add a little water and cover, letting veggies steam and get tender. Add a little more water if it evaporates too quickly.
- Uncover and add fajita seasonings, combine and cover for another minute or until veggies are tender.
- Chop lettuce and fill pitas with lettuce, chicken veggie combo, salsa and fat free sour cream if desired.