Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
I came up with this tonight to see if I can enjoy enchilada's while trying to cut fats. It turned out to be delicious and did not taste low fat at all :) Easy tripled or doubled
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast (cooked and shredded approx 1 cup)
- 14.79 ml fresh cilantro (optional)
- 473.18 ml fat free salsa
- 78.07 ml low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 14.79 ml nonfat sour cream
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2.46 ml cumin (to taste)
- 29.58 ml canned green chilies (i freeze the rest in ice cube trays)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped (optional)
- 29.58 ml low-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 (14 inch) tortillas (or wraps..the wraps i have are 0.2g saturated fat, and 3 g total)
- Make salsa if you are using home made.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine cream cheese, sour cream, onions, cumin, cilantro, jalapeno and green chilis.
- Fold in cooked chicken.
- In a small baking dish (I have a perfect one for 3 enchiladas) layer the bottom with salsa.
- Warm the wraps in the microwave and layer 1/4 to 1/3 cup of chicken mixture on each, wrap and place seam side down in dish.
- Cover with more salsa and bake a half hour until heated through. Sprinkle with 2 tbs of cheddar cheese and place back in the oven until bubbling.
- Serve with extra salsa and sour cream if desired.
I made these last night and they were a huge hit with my husband and I. I had to use a lot more sour cream and cream cheese than the recipe called for and doubled everything else! THey were very very tasty! We will definitely have these again!
This was excellent. I used some drained yogurt instead of cream cheese because that's what I had. I also used 4 corn 7 inch tortillas. The jalapeno gave it a nice bite.
These are GREAT! To use what I had on hand, I did make a few changes. Instead of canned green chilies, I used fresh roasted green chilies. Also used 1/2 Monterey Jack cheese and 1/2 Manchego cheese. Also used a green sauce instead of red. Made for ZWT5, Mexico. Thanks so much for sharing