Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
I came up with this tonight to see if I can enjoy enchilada's while trying to cut fats. It turned out to be delicious and did not taste low fat at all :) Easy tripled or doubled
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast (cooked and shredded approx 1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro (optional)
- 2 cups fat free salsa
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon nonfat sour cream
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons canned green chilies (i freeze the rest in ice cube trays)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped (optional)
- 2 tablespoons low-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 (7 inch) tortillas (or wraps..the wraps i have are 0.2g saturated fat, and 3 g total)
- Make salsa if you are using home made.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine cream cheese, sour cream, onions, cumin, cilantro, jalapeno and green chilis.
- Fold in cooked chicken.
- In a small baking dish (I have a perfect one for 3 enchiladas) layer the bottom with salsa.
- Warm the wraps in the microwave and layer 1/4 to 1/3 cup of chicken mixture on each, wrap and place seam side down in dish.
- Cover with more salsa and bake a half hour until heated through. Sprinkle with 2 tbs of cheddar cheese and place back in the oven until bubbling.
- Serve with extra salsa and sour cream if desired.
These are delicious! Very flavorful and simple to make. My family enjoyed them a lot! Thanks for sharing.
These enchiladas really are good and quick to assemble. I did not heat the tortillas in the microwawe since I was making the dish ahead. I saved some of the salsa and served on the side as a condiment along with strained yogurt and guacamole. Easy to make ahead as well.
This made for a really tasty mid week dinner, that the entire family demolished...even the children polished them off, and they're not keen on cheesy/creamy enchiladas at all.
I am hanging on to this one to make again.
Made for PRMR.