Recipe by mickeydownunder
Always I-N-S-P-I-R-E-D by what I read, This makes for a QUICK, GREAT feed! SO simply, easy to do! Your family will thank you for seeming like you fussed, TRUE!
- 300 g chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 300 g chickpeas
- 1 1⁄2 cups pasta sauce
- 300 g sweet potatoes
- 6 tortillas
- 1 cup low-fat cheese
- cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Dice chichen; spray pan with oil; cook about 5 minutes until cooked anc browned.
- ADD cumin; stir for 1 minute.
- Add drain chickpeas and with back of a fork mash lightly.
- NOTE: Can use 400 gram canned (drained) for ease.
- HEAT Sweet potato on paper towel on plate in microwave for 10 minutes.
- NOTE: Make sure to pierce the potato with a knife.
- SCOOP out sweet potato and add to chicken and chickpeas; add 1 cup tomato sauce and combine ingredients in pan.
- Lightly oil oven friendly dish.
- Place 1 tortilla at a time on a paper tower in microwave for 15 - 20 seconds (makes folding ALOT easier).
- Place about 3 Tbsp of chicken mixture inside tortilla and wrap.
- NOTE: I find it easiest to pull up bottom closest to me, then turn clockwise to the right and roll up tight.
- Place in oven friendly dish; seam side down.
- COMBINE remaining pasta sauce (1/2 cup) and 1/2 cup water.
- Place over enchiladas and top with 1 cup low-fat cheese.
- NOTE: Can use less.
- Place under griller for 5 minutes until cheese is bubbly and light brown.