Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Delicious low fat version of an authentic mexican dish. Very tasty. My husband, who is extremely picky about food, loved this. Enjoy!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can fat-free refried beans
- 8 whole wheat tortillas
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat sour cream
- salt and pepper
- red pepper flakes
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Boil chicken breasts in water for approximately 20 minutes or until done.
- Remove, let cool and shred or thinly slice.
- Heat oil in skillet and add cumin, garlic, onion and jalapeno; stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Add cooked chicken, salt and pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Simmer to warm through.
- Fill tortillas with equal portions of refried beans and chicken. Roll up and place in a baking dish large enough to fill all 8 enchiladas.
- Pour enchilada sauce over the top and sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Bake in oven for approximately 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and enchiladas are warmed through.
- Serve each with 1 tablespoons fat-free sour cream.
This was GREAT, true! JUST what I feel like for dinner too! Here's a helpful hint in case you don't know! In the microwave the torillas should go! Zap for 15 - 20 seconds...depends on you, Be easier to roll...to do! Also put refreied beans in pan, took off heat...worked for me, Made it spreadable as can be! THANKS!